Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Puppets!









I've been insanely busy with work, but now that it's slowing down a bit, I thought I'd post something really cool.

I was walking around Comic Con this past weekend, and to my utter shock the Neca toy booth had the Coraline puppets on display!

Finally, people can see how amazing the fabrication crew on this film is (actually the whole crew is amazing)!

Anyway, thanks to these guys, I got to see my designs turned into amazingly, beautiful puppets. As anyone whose worked in animation knows, it's very rare that you get to a see design you created, make it faithfully into the final film. So, cheers to the puppet crew and to Henry Selick for giving me so much freedom.

Speaking of the amazing crew Shane Prigmore did the final Coraline design (based on Dan Krall's early drawings), Other Mother, as well as all the beautiful expressions for the replacements heads. Dan Krall designed the ghost boy.

I designed the blue guy, Mr.Bobinski.

14 Comments:

Blogger samacleod said...

SWEEEEEEEEEET!

11:35 AM  
Blogger Aurore Damant said...

Nice work! They look really good. I can't wait to see the movie!

2:36 AM  
Blogger GeeBee said...

Congrats, Shannon !
Good to hear that a new movie by Selick is due soon :oD

2:24 PM  
Blogger Matt Jones said...

Very nice work Shannon-lookig forward to seeing the film.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Chris Battle said...

Awesome!! Thanks for posting these.

1:52 PM  
Blogger the doodlers said...

These do look delicious. Can't wait to see this film...

7:00 PM  
Blogger Justin Ridge said...

Those characters are sooo cool! I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished film!

1:10 PM  
Blogger Timothy J Lamb said...

what in the hell, these are amazing! i love.

12:22 AM  
Blogger Edward Juan said...

bobimski and wybee are probably my favs. dude. wait until you see the other mother. its pretty cool.

11:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Those are amazing. I wish I owned one. :D

9:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This movie nearly brought me to tears, it was so amazingly done! I loved Bobinsky, he was my favorite character by far (followed closely by Forcible and Spink). I like him even better than Coraline, but don't tell. I don't want him to get a big(ger) head.

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is MR. B's knee bad in reference to the direction Brad bent it? :D

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home